Appointment and Fees
I recently lowered my fees to $144 an hour for all of my services.
For some longer sessions to jump-start your healing, Dr. Amelia offers a special price of $444 for 4 hours or $333 for 3 hours.
Sliding Scale is offered when need is demonstrated and availability for sliding scale clients is available.
Due to lack of payment and other difficulties Dr. Amelia will no longer accept insurance. I have lowered my rates to accommodate people's budgets. You can get a great deal done in 4-hour session and then take control of your own healing path. I am also offering group sessions and online programs to help with the cost of healing.
Dr. Amelia accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Venmo, Zelle and PayPal
Your First Appointment
Thank you for scheduling an appointment. Please read the welcome section about how we design your healing puzzle. Dr. Amelia looks forward to learning about you, what you would like to get out of therapy, and if it is a good match for both of us.
Ideally, prior to coming to your first appointment, we would like for you to read over and sign our Informed Consent and New Client Forms, which can be found under the services menu. Being familiar with these policies when you arrive will save time at the beginning of our meeting. I can send them by e-mail or post. Again, I prefer for you to review and complete the forms prior to coming in as It can take 20-25 minutes or so to review and fill out the forms, cutting into your appointment time. Please fill out all client information, read the details of each policy, and bring them into the office. If you wish, you may wait until we meet in person to sign the forms so that I may discuss them and answer any questions you have.
Items to Bring with you and to think about before your appointment:
Please bring copies of as many of the following documents as possible. Some may not apply, and that’s fine.
- What you want to work on in therapy, list of major events and time of the event.
- Psychological, Neurological, or other relevant Testing Reports.
- List of Current Medications or Prescriptions, and supplements (including dosages).
- Names/Contact Information of current and former therapists and psychiatrists/physicians who prescribed psychotropic medications.
- Dates, Places, and Discharge Summaries of any psychiatric hospitalizations.
If you are the parent of a child or adolescent that you wish for us to evaluate or treat, please bring the following:
- Educational Cumulative File, including IEP evaluations and Educational testing reports (request this from your child’s school).
- Divorce/Custody Decree (if the child’s parents are divorced). The other parent MUST sign the consent
- Names/Contact Information of current social workers, case managers, probation officers, etc. (if applicable).
There is always a great deal to discuss during a first meeting, and the more information you’re able to provide, the more I’ll be able to factor into my initial impressions. If you have any questions prior to our appointment, please contact me. I’ll be happy to talk with you to answer any questions you may have. Thank you again for setting a time to come in for an appointment. I look forward to meeting you!